E Squared has concluded the second round of investments into a few of the recipients of our 2019 Innovation and Response fund; a fund kickstarted during COVID-19 that has helped grow so many nascent innovations.
This was a closed fund that served to address business support for businesses at the frontline of the pandemic. We’re pleased to partner once again with these companies:
- Zinacare is a health technology company with a focus on molecular diagnostics for COVID-19, HIV/AIDS and STIs. Further funding was provided to continue to reshape the home testing space.
- GoMetro, a South African logistics startup, received a seed extension round of US$1 million from E Squared, Kalon Venture Partners, Hlayisani Capital, Tritech Global and 4Decades Capital.
- Kuloola is a tech-enabled last-mile grocery and spaza stock delivery service serving rural and township areas. Further funding was provided to scale their offering in rural areas. Read more.
- LocumBase is an independent platform that provides opportunity for employment growth to healthcare practitioners with the aim of providing people-centred healthcare in South Africa.
- Consumption Information Real Time (CIRT/Q-Hop) is a data insight tech startup that enables large corporations to reduce costs or improve operational efficiency. Further funding has been provided to their Q-Hop solution. Read more.