E Squared commissioned this research with the GIBS Centre for Business Ethics at the Gordon Institute of Business Science which serves to broaden the scope of the GIBS Ethics Barometer research conducted with corporate South Africa. Please REGISTER (https://www.gibs.co.za/news-events/events/forums/pages/ethical-behaviour-and-practices-of-smmes-in-south-africa.aspx) to join us on 22nd August, 8-9.30 am at GIBS (26 Melville Road, Illovo) for this very important discussion, ... Read more
SECTION 1 – DATA COLLECTION
How We Collect Information
To the extent permissible under Applicable Laws, we collect information about you and any other party whose details you provide us when you:
- Register to use our services. This may include your name, address, email address, and telephone number. We may also ask you to provide additional information about yourself and your preferences.
- Complete online forms, take part in surveys, enter any competitions or prize draws, download any information, or participate in any other interactive areas that appear on our website.
- Interact with us using social media.
- Provide your contact details to us when accessing or registering to use any websites, applications, or services
we make available, or when you update those details.
- Contact us offline, for example, by telephone, fax, SMS, email, or post.
What We Do with Your Information
When you interact with our site, as part of the online communication process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, phone number, and email address.
When you browse our site, we may also automatically receive and store certain personally non-identifiable information (“Log Data”). This Log Data includes your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address, browser type or the domain from which you are visiting, the site pages you visit, the search terms you use, and any advertisements on which you click. This is information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system. For most users accessing the Internet from an Internet service provider, the IP address will be different every time you log on. We use Log Data to provide you with the services and pool it with other information to monitor the use of the services, and for the technical administration of the services. We do not associate your IP address with any other Personal Information to identify you personally, except in cases where we are asked to comply with a subpoena or other legal demand or where we suspect that there has been a violation of our policies, our Terms of Service and/or Applicable
Laws. With your permission, we may send you emails about our site, new products or services, our company, and other updates.
To the extent permissible under Applicable Laws, we use your information to:
- Provide any information and services that you have requested.
- Manage our relationship with you.
- Monitor, measure, improve, and protect our content and website, and provide an enhanced, personal, user
experience for you.
- Undertake internal testing of our website and systems to improve their security and performance. In these
circumstances, we anonymise any information used.
- Enable third-parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
- Provide you with any information that we are required to send you to comply with our regulatory or legal
- Detect, prevent, investigate, or remediate crime, illegal, or prohibited activities, or to otherwise protect our
legal rights (including liaison with regulators and law enforcement agencies for these purposes).
- Contact you to find out if you would like to take part in any of our further stakeholder research (e.g.: feedback
on your use of our website and services).
- To monitor, carry out statistical analysis and benchmarking, provided that in such circumstances, it is on an
aggregated basis, which will not be linked back to you or any living individual.
- Deliver targeted information to you, which may be useful to you, based on your use of our applications and
- Deliver joint content and services with third parties with whom you have a separate relationship (e.g.: social
- Provide you with location-based services (e.g.: advertising and other personalised content), where we collect
SECTION 2 – CONSENT
How We Get Your Consent
When you provide us with personal information via one of our online touch points (such as a web form, platform input, lead form, social lead), you consent to our collecting it and using it only for the reason for which you sent us your information.
Where we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing or research, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How to Withdraw Your Consent
If you change your mind after you have opted in, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, collect more information, use, or disclose your information, at any time, by contacting us at:
Address: 35 Ballyclare Drive, Bryanston, Johannesburg 2194
Right to access your information
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you as well as details of all third parties, if any, who have access to such personal information. To do this, simply contact us at the numbers/addresses listed above and specify what information you would like. We reserve the right to confirm your identity before providing details of your personal information.
We may disclose your personal information if we are required to do so by law or if you violate our general terms and conditions.
SECTION 3 – THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
SECTION 4 – SECURITY
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
We keep your information secure by taking appropriate technical and organisational measures against its unauthorised or unlawful processing and against its accidental loss, destruction, or damage. We do our best to protect your personal information, but we cannot guarantee the security of your information if it is transmitted to our website, applications, or services, or to other websites, applications, and services, via an internet or similar connection.
If you provide us with your personal information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL). Although no method of transmission over the internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow and implement additional generally accepted industry standards. To the extent that there are reasonable grounds to believe that your personal information has been accessed or acquired by any unauthorised person or there has been a security compromise in our website, we will notify you of such security compromises by placing the notification in a prominent position in our website.
SECTION 5 – COOKIES
Our cookies may be:
- Session cookies: temporary cookies that identify and track users within our website and are deleted when you close your browser or.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These are cookies that are needed for our website to function properly.Performance Cookies & Analytics Technologies: These cookies collect information about how visitors and users use our website. For instance, it can gather information about which functionality visitors use most often, and if they get error messages from areas of the website. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor or user. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. We only use these cookies to improve how our website.
- Functionality Cookies: These cookies allow our website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language, or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personalised features. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
Generally your internet browser may accept cookies automatically, but you can change the settings in your browser to stop accepting cookies or delete the cookies manually. Deleting or no longer accepting cookies (where you have been asked to consent) may prevent you from accessing certain aspects of our website where cookies are necessary or the website forgot your preferences.
SECTION 7 – QUESTIONS, COMPLAINTS & CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to access, correct, amend, or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information, contact us at email@example.com.
To the extent applicable, you can lodge a complaint to the Information Regulator (as defined in POPIA) by completing the form as prescribed.
Upon receipt of communication from you, we will write to you acknowledging receipt of such communique, investigate your complaint or attend to you query (as the case may be) and thereafter advise you of any amendment, deletion or finding of our investigation and any remedial action (if applicable) we intend taking.