E Squared grievance guidelines
The purpose of this document is to give Allan Gray Fellows (“Fellows”) guidelines to resolve disagreements relating to interactions Fellows have had with E Squared. E Squared is very aware that in day-to-day dealings with Fellows, misunderstandings may occur. Our aim is to resolve these issues in an amicable and constructive manner.
In the event of such dissatisfaction or misunderstanding, we propose the following guidelines to manage the issue in a timeous and effective way:
- The Fellow is encouraged to first speak to the E Squared team member involved and present their point of dissatisfaction.
- The communication may be on email, telephonically, through a face-to-face interaction or any manner which is considered appropriate.
- The E Squared team member and Fellow are encouraged to resolve the matter in a mutually appropriate manner.
- The matter is expected to be amicably resolved within 14 days of the initial communication.
If after following Step 1 the Fellow is still dissatisfied with the outcome or response of the E Squared team member, the Fellow is encouraged to proceed to Step 2 below.
- The Fellow is encouraged to submit a written notice to the Chief Executive Officer (“CEO”) of E Squared.
- This written notice should include the following:
- The context of the occurrence, the team member involved and the outcome of Step 1 above.
- The Fellow should also propose a possible remedy for the issue, and;
- The Fellow to submit this as soon as practical but no later than 14 days after an unresolved out- come from Step 1.
- The E Squared CEO’s mandate is to resolve the matter within 14 days.
If after the proceedings in Step 3, the Fellow is still not satisfied, we propose the third and final Step as follows:
- The Fellow should then submit a written notice to the Chairman of the E Squared Board within 14 days, after an unresolved outcome from Step 2.
- The written notice should include the context of the issue and the outcomes of previous steps.
- The Chairperson will be required to respond to the Fellow within 14 days of receipt of the written notice with the relevant details of the next steps.
- The Chairperson may solicit the assistance of other board members as necessary to reach a ruling.
- The ruling by the Chairperson will be deemed final