WeThinkCode held a demo day for some of the participants in their E Squared-sponsored Venture Building Program in partnership with Seedstars. Social Entrepreneurship Head, Cheryl Jacob spoke on a panel about how young tech talent should start thinking like entrepreneurs.
During the event we met three early-stage startups:
- CartShare, is a mobile/web platform to compare prices of grocery products and view promotions and discounts. A tool in consumers’ pockets to find the best prices of their favorite products: website
- iMali Properties, a specialized property marketplace focused on the underserved township market, helping low-income families find affordable housing: website
- EaziThenga, a platform to enable informal entrepreneurs to build digital storefront businesses via WhatsApp: website
On top of hearing pitches, we gained some insights on entrepreneurship education in South Africa during a panel discussion from:
- Cheryl Jacob, Head of Social Entrepreneurship, E Squared
- Chris Hosken, Co-Founder & CEO at Startup School
- Chantal De Kock, General Manager, Fetola
- Rosie Keller, Seedstars, Global Partnerships Lead
and networked with a community of local investors, founders, mentors, and ecosystem enablers!